}

Monday, July 3, 2017

Dear Kinsley

Dear Kinsley,

You are almost 5 years old (in two months) and I can't begin to explain how proud I am to be your mommy. You are the bravest, most confident and sweet and smartest kid I've ever met. When you put your mind to something, you go all out and won't stop until it's perfect. I'm pretty sure you could play with two rocks all day and create a million different scenarios and scenes to act out with them. Like the other day, we used a toy mixer and toy blender to act out people in Moana. You're creativity amazes me and I just love to sit back and watch you play. 

You had your first dance recital the beginning of June and man, I couldn't stop smiling at you when you performed on stage. You never once acted nervous or scared to perform in front of all those people, and it kind of made me sad at just how independent you really are. I kind of wanted to give you that pep talk of "it'll be ok baby, you are going to do great! There's no need to be scared, it'll be so much fun!" Instead, I was giving myself the pep talks... "it's ok, Jenna! She's growing up, I know and it's hard for you but you should be so happy she's not like you! And she isn't shy or scared to be away from you!". But man, it was a punch in the gut to drop you off backstage and you just stand there waving bye to me like I got this mom!




You attended your first cheerleading camp and while I was so worried about it (get used to that, it's just what I do) and how you would do, you blew me out of the water. You literally didn't even tell me bye when a cheerleader came to get you and take you to your camp group. I honestly got in the car and cried. And listened to Darius Rucker's It Won't Be Like This For Long and then reallllllly started crying. You just blossomed into this whole new girl. This confident, independent, not scared of new things and BRAVE girl! At your last day of cheer camp, they had a performance for all family and friends to come watch. You rocked it like nobody's business, whipped out a front roll and even were the top of a pyramid. Whaaaat??!!



But the best, most incredible sight to see was your quest to perform for daddy's basketball players. It all started when daddy let you sing in the microphone after a day of his camp this week. You were in LOVE. Finally being able to put your talent to the test on a real microphone. You sang Shake It Off (the version from Sing) and came home begging to sing for daddy's team the next day. You picked out every single detail of how it was going to go down...the dress, the shoes, the hair, requested honey for your throat and practiced some new moves to put in your song. You were SO excited!!! So the time came, and you walked out in front of everyone without a care in the world and started singing. But in the version you were singing, there's a pause where the character changes costumes, so you stopped singing for a bit and everyone thought you were done. You got embarrassed and walked away and I wish I had said "NOO KEEP GOING!!" because the rest of your performance would have been epic. You were SO BRAVE! Like, I would have NEVER, ever done that and I still am a little shocked you did. It was beautiful, and I can't wait to see you do it again!

You amaze me every day. And I am so proud of how much you've overcome, how much your grown into this beautiful, confident, brave and wonderful little girl. You make being your mommy easy and I love you to the moon and back baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment