}

Friday, July 7, 2017

0-3 Month Favorites

It's hard to even write about this because I'm still in denial it's already been three months. And maybe I'm not the best to write on this topic because my kid is a giant and resembles a 6-9 month old and most "newborn" items didn't make the list because he was too large for them.

So Weston is three months old. He's around 16-17 pounds and around 25-26" long. He's in the 90+% for both height and weight and I love on his chubby cheeks every single day. He's the yummiest baby boy I've ever laid eyes on and has the cutest smile in the world. Not that I'm biased or anything.  Here are the items we loved the last three months with him...big baby approved, too ;)



We have used a different type of bath seat for each of our kids, and by far my favorite of all time is this one by Angelcare. Since Weston's first bath, this is what I have used and never worried about him sliding down or off of it, thanks to the section that comes up right in the front. It's light weight, you can hang it up after the bath (or just leave it in the tub because you have three kids and who has extra time to hang a bath seat up?). BUT if you did, you could!

To go along with the bath/cleaning theme, a more recent favorite that I wish I had discovered sooner are from Mustela. Weston got blessed with the dreaded baby acne pretty early on. And despite how much I kept his face clean, or how gentle the product claimed to be, nothing helped the poor kid. After reading a few other moms talk about Mustela's products specifically helping with baby acne, I figured I'd give it a shot. Within the first few days I noticed a difference and just keeps getting better! Plus, the smell like HEAVEN. Literally, every night when I lather him up with lotion I tell him how he smells like he came down from Heaven...which he totally did, so I'm not too far off.  I use the Cleansing Fluid a few times a day and the lotion morning and night. Pretty sure I will never purchase another brand because they smell.that.good!

Swimming Barbie dolls are optional for boy bath time ;)


And to round out the grooming category, one of my favorite kits is from Boon. Their grooming kit has everything and anything you would need for the first few months. From the nail clippers (which the design of these is SO awesome) to a medicine dispenser to the most brilliant cradle cap brush, it's definitely a keeper and should be on everyones baby registry!

As far as baby gear is concerned, we really haven't used much with him yet. From the day we came home until we transitioned him into his crib (we're "early to move the baby" type of people- Weston was in his crib at night by 7 weeks), he slept in the Bassinest next to my side of the bed. It's a wonderful, wonderful blessing to be able to reach over in the middle of the night to pick him up and NOT have to get out of bed a million times. Nurse him, burp him, change in on the bed, and then place him back into the bassinest- without even moving! They are definitely pricey, but worth it. If you have any expecting momma's a few months behind you, maybe look into splitting the cost and sharing it.

He is a big time hold me type of baby. Meaning, he does not like you putting him down. So he practically lived on me the first two months of his life until he slowly started being ok not being attached to me 24/7. I've tried every type of wrap, sling, carrier you could think of...seriously. And the only thing that I kept coming back to, was comfortable for me and him, gave me really good back support was the Ergo 360. I feel like I'm gearing up to do some serious heavy lifting with the back brace part, but it's a life saver! Especially since he is a big, heavy boy, it saved me and my back! Now that he's more comfortable being put in something, we absolutely LOVE the bouncer from Skip Hop. It can raise up and down to have the baby at different levels, so he literally "sits" with us at the dinner table. It's genius and I had never seen anything like that before.



And you can't forget a nursing cover for breastfeeding momma's. I love my Covered Goods cover, and love how it can be a car seat cover, a nursing cover, a cart cover and a scarf. This was the first baby that I honestly felt comfortable enough to nurse in public, mainly because I found a cover that actually covers and doesn't make me paranoid everything is hanging out for the whole world to see. And when you're in the middle of church, nursing your baby, you can just wrap it up around your neck to make a cute scarf out of it. Not that I know about that or anything.



Two of my all time favorite items we have for Weston would be the personalized items we received.  My brother and sister-in-law had the Florida rattle personalized for him, and we purchased the sign to hang in his room. The sign is from Blue Fox Engraving and it was sent out so quickly! I was super impressed and just love seeing it in his room every day. I love having quality heirloom type products for him to hang onto forever. 
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment