}

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

What's In Our Hospital Bag: Baby Edition

One of my all time favorite things to read about on blogs, is what people take to the hospital. It always gives me a few new ideas with each pregnancy, and a few ideas of what not to take. As a third time around momma-to-be, I feel like I've gotten a pretty good grip of all the bases and think third time is a charm. Thankfully, we live closer to the hospital than when we lived in Ft. Myers, and we have plans that Kyle will go home at night to be with the girls while I'm in the hospital, so I can always ask him to bring a whole new set of outfits for the baby ;)

Now, with baby boy I feel like a pro, but know I am completely overpacked because I'm a little boy crazy over here and plan on dressing him and wrapping him in a new swaddle every 30 minutes. So for his hospital bag, this is what is joining us:








Clothing
Side snap shirts (love these for the early days with a newborn and for a healing umbilical cord), pants (these are literally the SOFTEST pants I have ever touched), socks, hand mittens (I never use these but feel like it's a necessity for some reason), beanie, cute pj set, coming home outfit, and a special outfit for daddy's sake.

Blankets
I love swaddles. Like I've kind of become obsessed with them and want to buy.them.all! I'm trying to limit packing a separate bag of just swaddles to take a million pictures of him on and wrapped in, but I've narrowed it down to just a few of my favorites. One, two, three

Extras
Pacifiers, pacifier clip, diaper bag. I have had my eye on this diaper bag for awhile, and finally bit the bullet and may have caressed it and rubbed my face on it like it was made of Egyptian Cotton when it arrived. So excited to put it to use in a few weeks!!!

I also threw in a tiny bag for myself with chapstick, gum and hair ties for the delivery, in case I need them and it'll be easy to grab. I am working on a post of what's in my hospital bag so stay tuned for part 2 of this :)

I can't even believe that we are down to days until we meet this little boy. No more "oh he'll be here in a couple months", it's like "oh he'll be here in a couple weeks"- which translates to LESS than a month! I can't wait to snuggle with him, to not sleep in an uncomfortable hospital bed and wrap him up in little boy cuteness.

No comments:

Post a Comment