}

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Valentine's Day Breakfast

I love Valentine's Day, especially now with little girls to celebrate with. I can't say I've always been a fan of the day, as I find it pretty cliche from a relationship standpoint, but with kids...oh it's the best! We literally have had Valentine's decor out since we packed all the Christmas stuff up, per Kinsley's request. She loves decorating almost as much as I do! Because Kinsley will have school and dance class on Valentine's Day, I figured I would do a fun breakfast with them over the weekend to celebrate a little early. We made french toast, bacon, fruit and some powdered donuts...the girls favorite. It's always a hit around our house when french toast is served. 

My favorite way to make french toast is with sourdough bread or cinnamon bread. Mix a few eggs (I usually use three) with milk or cream (I have no idea how much, I just eyeball it. But I think a little cream mixed in with the milk just makes it even tastier), about a tablespoon of sugar, a few dashes of cinnamon and a splash of vanilla. My measurements are so easy to follow, right? Melt some butter in a skillet, dip the bread in the egg mixture and cook each side on the stove until it has a nice golden color. I like to sprinkle a little powdered sugar on top with some fresh fruit to jazz it up. It's such an easy breakfast! 








Now onto celebrating Valentine's Day and getting ready for Rylan's 2nd birthday party! How is she already two?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment