}

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Valentine's Day 2017

I hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day! I know we did, and spoiling our girls with lots of love was the best. The night before Valentine's Day, I told Kinsley about cupid and how he was going to bring them a special gift in the morning because they're so sweet and loving. This sparked a whole discussion on cupid, wanting to see pictures of him, hoping I could take a picture of him shooting his love arrow and dropping down their gift from the sky. I can't even remember what all I even said to her, so next year will be hard to keep my "cupid" story straight. Maybe just saying mommy and daddy were getting her something would have been a more realistic approach....but it's fun to keep things entertaining around here!



We got each of the girls a special stuffed animal. With Rylan's unicorn party coming up Saturday, Kinsley has been all about unicorns and is jealous she didn't have one for herself. I spotted this white one at Walmart for less than $10.00, and knew she had to have it. I found the cutest pompom trimmed shorts and tops at Walmart, too, and got them matching outfits, a Valentine's balloon, some candy, the Trolls movie and a special hand painted Valentine's day card from us. The look on their face in the morning when they came to the table to see their gifts was totally worth it, and completely made my day.

Kinsley was so excited about her unicorn, that she named Rosie (she names EVERYTHING Rosie), and asked if she could take her to school. So we let her carry it to her class, and then took it back to the car. Her and Rosie have been inseparable ever since. We got to go back to her class a little before pick-up to have a Valentine's party with them. Rylan tagged along and thought she was the coolest kid in the world because she finally got to sit in chair at sissy's table and be a big kid. It was cute. She followed Kinsley around her class, gave her teachers hugs, and waved bye to everyone when we left.



Later in the day, Kyle and I decided to make a little date night outing to go look at cars and grab dinner. His parents watched the girls while we snuck away for a few hours. While I never thought I would be a minivan kind of mom, I did find something I really liked and looks pretty sweet...for a van. But to get one exactly like I want, right now it's just not financially feasible so we're going to hold off and make our Tahoe work for now. We went to a Japanese Steakhouse for dinner and man it was good. I ate too much, and my stomach literally felt like it was going to burst open because it has no extra room to give. Then back home to get the girls to bed, and within 5 minutes of my head hitting the pillow I was out cold. 

My how our Valentine's Days' have changed, and I wouldn't trade it for anything! I love my little love bugs and their cute little faces. 


No comments:

Post a Comment