}

Friday, February 10, 2017

32 Weeks + Baby Update

It's been a long time since I've done a baby update or weekly pregnancy post. I think the last one I did was around Thanksgiving, so yea...a lot has happened since then. Like my baby bump has blown out to astronomical proportions, and I have less than 2 months to go until we get to meet him! I swear this has been the quickest pregnancy, and the next 7 weeks will go by in the blink of an eye. 

So right now I'm 32.5 weeks along. This pregnancy has been very exhausting on my body. I've gained the most weight with him (and I'm not even fully done cooking him!), he sits much lower than either of the girls did and it causes a lot of pressure "down there", he's already head down, and is the most active baby I've carried. I feel a lot of aches and pains more, and have already been getting Braxton Hicks contractions like woah! I think a lot has to do with I don't rest enough...especially with two kids that constantly want mommy to play with them. I try and lay down during their nap/quiet time just so I can recharge for the rest of the day. But other than me complaining about being so uncomfortable, baby boy is doing great and I couldn't be happier about that. 

I had been on the fence about getting a 3D/4D ultrasound done. My doctors told me I probably wouldn't have another ultrasound, unless something was wrong, so I wouldn't see him until he was born. There was this part of me that feared he really wasn't a boy anymore, so I needed that confirmation again and bit the bullet. I am so, so glad I did!! I never had one done with the girls because I always thought they looked kind of creepy, but once I saw our little boy and all the features of his face...I melted. He was the cutest, chubby faced baby I had seen and I fell in love with him so much more. His pouty lips, all the HAIR he already has on his head, and yes...the fact that he does still have boy parts. I can't wait to meet him and welcome him into our crazy life. 

His room is finally coming together. Kyle painted the walls for me a few weeks ago, and has been patiently sanding away paint off the dresser we used for Kinsley to revamp it into the coolest, rustic piece for our boy. I wanted to keep his room very neutral, but with a few wilderness touches. Kyle found these rustic wood plaques at Ikea and it started the whole inspiration of his room. I didn't want to go overboard with woodsy animals, so there's just a few touches that give it a theme, but enough white and blue and gray to mellow it all out. I'm kind of in love with it all and can't wait to share the final reveal once we have everything hung up!! 






But until then, here's a little room inspiration board I put together to give you guys a feel for what we're going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment