}

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Welcome 2017

I can't even believe it's already a new year! I'm beyond excited for what 2017 will bring, and the memories we will make, and especially to welcome our baby boy. I'm not one for resolutions, because they usually fall through the cracks, but instead I am making "goals" for myself. Things I want to change, things I want to work on, things to do differently. I am trying to embrace a more minimal lifestyle and when I found this quote on Pinterest, I knew that this was my motto for the coming year. 

It is perfect for me. So many days I would spend stressing over...EVERYTHING. I would end my days with all this built up anxiety and stress and worry over not having a clean house, not having all the kids toys put away, not having all the laundry in their rightful spot. Or worse, I would have all those things done but then I would feel major guilt over not having used that time to just be present with my kids. I felt like I could never win...and I was never satisfied with my day. So my main goal, is to not let that small stuff get to me. To do less, and use my time with greater purpose. Put my phone down, and enjoy the moments with my girls. Let the kitchen be messy an extra hour, so I can enjoy creating memories with my girls. Because soon, our entire life is going to change with a new baby in the mix. Mommy isn't going to be able to give them all the time and attention they want, so I'm going to sit back and enjoy them while I can.

Today we started our year having fun. I let the girls pick what they wanted for breakfast. Pancakes, like usual, and I let them do all the work. We brought some chairs into the kitchen, I let them pour all the ingredients into the bowl and mix, mix, mix. All I did was cook them on the griddle, and they were probably the best pancakes we've had in awhile! Yes, the kitchen had flour, sugar and salt all over the floors, but they loved it. And that made me love it even more...mess and all. 


We spent our morning playing, bike riding, hop scotching and movie watching while Kyle was my superhero and started painting the rest of the house that I never got around to yet. Everything just may be done by the time Baby W gets here and that honestly is the best feeling yet. We also got some new plants for the front of our house, that Kyle's parents so graciously got us for Christmas. Best. Christmas. Gift. Ever! It was nice to just sit back and "supervise" with the girls while our house was transformed from boring to pretty. I can't wait till they grow and fill in more! Another big project we have at some point is to create an outdoor patio with a fire pit and a designated play space in our backyard. Hopefully by summer time we'll have that checked off the list!

All in all, it's been a great way to start the year. And we are looking forward to what this year brings us!















1 comment:

  1. I wish you and your family a very happy new year! A lot of joy, love, laughter, health, and blessing!

    ReplyDelete