}

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Toddler Teepee's

One of my favorite things to do with the girls is find fun projects for us to do together. Rylan is finally at an age where she can participate, and make a giant mess, but can still feel included and have some sort of an idea of what to do. I've been slacking BIG TIME on doing fun things with the girls since this pregnancy, and usually would rather lay on the couch and watch Christmas movies than get up and put together crafts for us. But this craft is SO easy, SO fun and very little energy is needed from momma! 

Here are our fun Toddler Teepee's! I've always seen this pop up on Pinterest, and finally decided to try them out. We headed to Target to gather our supplies and came home to enjoy a morning of fun.When I told Kinsley what we were going to do... she looks at me so confused and says "mommy, what's a peepee??". I laughed so hard, and had to explain it's a TEEEEEEEEpee....with a 'T', not a 'P'". I foresee lots of talks in our future once her brother arrives on peepee's, but today was not one of those days.



Here's what you need: 
Waffle Cones 
Pretzels 
Chocolate (any color will work) 
Sprinkles 
Wax Paper

I cut about an inch off the tip of each cone to have space to place the pretzels in for the top of the teepee. We used white chocolate that I melted and I had white sugar crystals and brown sprinkles to dip the cones in. I always would advise the wax paper, as it makes clean up and assembly a breeze! I just taped each corner down on our table for each of the girls, and when we were all done...pulled it up and threw it away. 

The girls were more interested in eating them. Kinsley actually took her time to put the teepee together, where Rylan was just a free for all, dipping everything in site in the chocolate and eating it instantly. I saved two of them to keep on display, and the other 4 were instantly gobbled up.














So if you're looking for a simple, fun and festive craft to do with your kids...try this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment