}

Monday, June 13, 2016

Rylan's Room Upgrade

Oh heyyyy. Remember us?? Probably not. That's ok. I have not fallen off the face of the Earth, and plan on one day returning to a normal scheduled posting regimen. There is like a bajillion and one things to catch you all up on, but lets just fast forward...like triple warp speed...to current life. WE MOVED! And oh my gosh I never want to move again. Kyle and I have lived in 5 different places, three different cities, in the last 5 years. We finally bought our very first house and I've been on cloud nine decorating it for the past (almost) month.

And what all do I have to show for it yet? Well..1 room ;) Rylan's room. Kyle and I tackled our first major room transformation over the weekend, painting and putting together the girls rooms. Kinsley's room is about 90% done, but Rylan won the race as to who's room got done first. I'm so, so excited to share it with you all!

This was the first time I got to actually PAINT their rooms. It's the little things in life, right? Hours of taping and painting. Sooo thrilling ;) I wanted to go for the faintest shade of pink, but still pink enough to know it's pink. I went with "Fair Maiden" by Valspar (at Lowes) in an eggshell finish. I can't even explain how much I love it. It's honestly the perfect pale pink for a little girls room. 

The rest of her room was put together with things we already had for her, or things we had that we weren't using. The rocking chair, which we've had since Kinsley was born, and a cute shabby chic dresser create a cozy cuddling corner. Rylan isn't a cuddle, but I have high hopes maybe one day we can just chill together over there. VERY high hopes on that! I put together a shadow box of the gender reveal we did (we cracked open an egg, painted the inside the appropriate color to share the gender) way back before she was born, and that adds a personal touch to finish the corner.



Above her bed I hung the adorable unicorn head from Target, framed out to give it some more dimension. I also painted on a canvas the lyrics to a song I always sing to her (Eli Young- Crazy Girl). She's my crazy baby and I've sung it to her since she was making my world turn upside down...approximately 16 months ago.
Silly Rylan come here let me hold you...
Have I told you lately? I love you like crazy girl!
Love it!
And that cute little bench beside her crib, is made from my crib set when I was a baby. 

The tall dresser used to be in our master bedroom, that matches our bedroom set. I really wasn't using it and our room just looked crowded with it in there, so I moved it (approximately 100 different places) until I finally settled on putting it in Rylan's room. We don't have a traditional changing table, because I always change her on the rug now...so now she has a piece she can grow with and stock to the top with clothes, clothes and more clothes. The flower "R" I made when I was pregnant to hang in her nursery and adds the perfect touch to an old window I've had forever (thanks, mom!). 


And then there's Mr. Marley. That'll require an entire blog post, but for now...he's home. And he's loving life again, especially because he can nap on his favorite spot of all time. The rug! He's her little protector and loves to take cat naps (or do you call them dog naps when the dog is the subject at hand??) in her room on that rug. 

And there you have it. The sweetest, cutest, more adorable little space for our RyRy!

For those interested, here's a source list for the few things you can get your hands on. Most of the items in her room were Goodwill finds or items we just had on hand.

Source List:
curtain rod (can't find it online but it was from Walmart- Better Homes & Gardens brand)

No comments:

Post a Comment