}

Monday, May 9, 2016

Our Mother's Day

I hope all you momma's, momma-to-be's or motherly figures had a wonderful day! I know we had a great, relaxing day and I certainly enjoyed every single second of my crazy clan all day long.  Rylan is cutting another tooth...aka is fussy as heeeeeeck....and Kinsley turned on the sassy pants extra hard, so that was fun. BUT despite what any other day feels like typically with the crying and fussing, I am beyond grateful to be their momma. They both slept in till 7:00am, and it was the first day I've been able to wake up on my own, without Kinsley laying on top of me at 6:00am asking to watch a movie. GLORIOUS!

Kyle had the coffee brewed before I got up, whipped up some mean french toast with sourdough bread, and I got to snuggle on my cranky pants babies. Kyle and Kinsley headed to church while I stayed home with Rylan for her nap. Once she got up, I snapped some pictures of her, took her for a walk around the block and blew her mind with a bubble machine. 
 Floral Blanket: Little Unicorn

Our afternoon was spent prepping for dinner, going on a last minute trip to buy my mom some awesome gifts at the Dollar Store (Kinsley picked them out. A pineapple sippy cup and a purple pony...both of which she said SHE IS GOING TO LOVE!!!). Kyle treated us to a delicious steak dinner with roasted sweet potatoes and a salad. My special contribution was a family favorite...bread pudding! It's like french toast meets heaven. It's so amazingly delicious. And it's my moms favorite, so I always make it for her.

So it would only be fair then that I share this amazingly delicious recipe with you all. It's not the healthiest of recipes, but man oh man it's freaking gooooood! So limit yourself. Because you'll want to make it every day. And eat it for breakfast, lunch and maybe even dinner. 



Southern Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
1 lb french bread
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3 1/4 cup milk
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cut bread into bite size pieces and add into large bowl. Add cinnamon and sugar to bread and mix until bread is coated evenly. Mix milk, lightly beaten eggs and vanilla, and add into bread mixture. Mix until well coated. Pour the bread mixture into a casserole pan (9x13 usually) and sprinkle raisins (amount is up to you). Give it all one good mix and pop it in the oven for 30 minutes. 

While the bread is cooking, make your bourbon sauce a few minutes before it's due to come out of the oven.
1 cup sugar
6 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon bourbon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla

Add all ingredients into a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil for 1 minute. When the bread pudding comes out of the oven, pour this over it and serve it warm. 

It's so good. I've been making it for years and every time it just gets better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment